Braised Herb Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a Dutch oven, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add carrots and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Return chops to pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Serve with potatoes.
Freeze option: Cool pork mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.