Braised Dill Potatoes
Dill, chicken broth and a few other simple ingredients create a side dish your family will love. The braised potatoes are delicious with sour cream. —Amie Schmidt, San Diego, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large saucepan, arrange potatoes in a single layer. Add broth
- and butter. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 12 minutes.
- Uncover; cook 7-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and broth is
- evaporated. Press each potato with a turner to crush slightly.
- Sprinkle evenly with the dill, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes
- longer or until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve with sour cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.