- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprout stems; using a paring knife, cut an "X" in the bottom of each. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add sprouts; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated. Add Brussels sprouts; stir in bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Braised Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p12
Reviews for Braised Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review