Braised Beef with Mushrooms Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil in batches. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 361 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Braised Beef with Mushrooms
"Perfect! Didn't change anything but did use slow cooker. Served over rice. Steamed veggies on the side. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love preparing classic dishes that are quick to put together."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.