Braised Beef with Mushrooms Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil in batches. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 361 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Braised Beef with Mushrooms
"Perfect! Didn't change anything but did use slow cooker. Served over rice. Steamed veggies on the side. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love preparing classic dishes that are quick to put together."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.