This slow-cooked beef is so tender, it melts in your mouth. The ingredients have time to season the meat, and it's a delicious entree for two.
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Braised Beef with Mushrooms in Reminisce Extra September 2010, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Braised Beef with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review