Braised Beef Short Ribs
Cheryl Martinetto, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil in batches. Transfer to a 5-qt.
- slow cooker; add onions. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour
- over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 563 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 2,379 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet