- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil in batches. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add onions. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Braised Beef Short Ribs
Sort By :
loved this recipe- meat is so tender it falls off the bone. I skimmed the fat off the top when the meat was done and used a little cornstarch to thicken the broth for gravy. Was a hit at the dinner table.
This was amazing! Rib were so tnder they fell off the bones! The flavor was amazing! My 2 yr old, husband and work hand loved them!
*I Sautéed half the onion to give a little more flavor
this was very good It did not dispoint.
Absolutely delicious! They were extremely tender and fell right off the bone. My husband loved them.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >