Braised Beef Rolls Recipe
- 2 to 3 pounds London broil or beef flank steak rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown meat on both sides in oil; drain.
- 2. Combine 1-1/2 cups water, brown sugar, raisins, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and bay leaf if desired in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into raisin sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over the meat.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Braised Beef Rolls
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.