Braised Beef Rolls Recipe
- 2 to 3 pounds London broil or beef flank steak rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown meat on both sides in oil; drain.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups water, brown sugar, raisins, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and bay leaf if desired in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into raisin sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over the meat.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now