- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1-1/4 hours or until meat is
- tender. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture (calculated without noodles) equals 298 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.