Braised Autumn Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chop (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 celery rib, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet, cook meat in oil for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned; drain. Remove meat; keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, cook onion and celery for about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the apple cider, vinegar and sage. Return meat to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Braised Autumn Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer