My Godson and I made this cake after fun day at the science museum. We've made it several times now, and we get a kick out of experimenting with the frosting colors. —Faith Cromwell, San Francisco, California
Featured In: "Finger" Food Halloween Party
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/3 cups vanilla frosting
- Blue, green or purple paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 2-qt. ovenproof bowl. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mayonnaise; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared bowl.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in bowl 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Pipe over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brainy Cake in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p10
Reviews for Brainy Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2015