Brain Dumplings Recipe
Family and friends will be shocked to learn these tasty brains are actually pot stickers!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a food processor, combine the uncooked chicken, mushrooms, onion, hoisin sauce, mustard and chili sauce; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture in the center of each wrapper. (Until ready to use, keep wrappers covered with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out.) Moisten edges with egg. Bring opposite sides together to form a semicircle; pinch to seal.
- 3. Place potstickers in a single layer on a large greased steamer basket rack; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until filling juices run clear.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with potstickers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Brain Dumplings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC