Braided Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon spiced rum or additional mango nectar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1. Cut tenderloins in half lengthwise; cut each half into three strips to within 1-in. of one end. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the mango nectar, 1/4 cup rum, oil, 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning and garlic; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin halves on a clean cutting board and braid; secure loose ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining jerk seasoning.
- 3. Grill braids, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Discard toothpicks. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, place the cream, remaining rum and mango in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
about 3 ounces cooked pork with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.