Braided Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon spiced rum or additional mango nectar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- Cut tenderloins in half lengthwise; cut each half into three strips to within 1-in. of one end. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the mango nectar, 1/4 cup rum, oil, 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning and garlic; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin halves on a clean cutting board and braid; secure loose ends with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining jerk seasoning.
- Grill braids, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Discard toothpicks. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the cream, remaining rum and mango in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Braided Pork Tenderloins(3)
Sort By :
This pork was fantastic, I made it exactly as directed. It looked beautiful and tasted great. It was perfect. I served this with sweet potato mash (all recipies) and baked asparagus, for dessert a rice pudding and people are still talking about it.
These were surprisingly easy-to-make! I didn't have rum or mango nectar on hand, so I just made some jerk seasoning, mixed it with oil and orange juice, and the braids still came out pretty tasty and juicy. I might just make the faithful version for a special occasion! The pork was relatively easy to braid, and I tied the ends together with string (no toothpicks around!) This also works pretty well with pork sirloin roast, although the pieces need to be grilled longer. Very good!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Mango >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >