- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add the eggs, orange juice and peel; beat until blended. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a 30-in. rope. Braid the ropes; shape into a wreath and pinch ends to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peel; drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with cranberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Braided Orange Wreath
Sort By :
This was my first bake with yeast. My finished "wreath" looked NOTHING like the picture, BUT the taste was AMAZING! I struggled braiding the dough, so it didn't even resemble a braid or circle when I took it out of the oven but again the taste was so delicious I easily got over the retarded wreath look. It reminded me of Challah bread taste wit orange flavor. It's not the most easy thing to make but because of the taste I gave it 5 stars and will definitely try making it again. NOTE: I did add a couple drops of orange essence and I also had very sweet and juicy oranges.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >