- braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Divide reserved dough into three equal pieces; shape each into a
- 14-in. rope. Braid ropes. Center 14-in. braid on top of the shorter
- braid. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with
- poppy seeds. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cover with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking. Remove
- from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.