Braided Coffee Cake
Combining two recipes had a wonderful result in a delicious coffee cake which I serve often to friends and family.—Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- Roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle on a large greased baking
- sheet. Spread filling down center third of rectangle. (If using
- Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, first spread cream cheese mixture over
- dough, then top with jam.) On each long side, cut 1-in. strips about
- 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternately strips at
- an angle across filling (see photo at far right). Pinch ends to
- seal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45
- minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 12-14 servings.