- ropes on a greased baking sheet; braid. Form into a ring; pinch
- edges tightly together. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire racks.
- For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk
- to achieve desired consistency; spoon over rings, allowing icing to
- drizzle down the sides. Decorate with cherries if desired. Yield: 2
- coffee cakes.
Editor's Note: Rings may be iced and served warm if desired.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 231 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.