These tender, saucy wings have a hint of sweet and tangy lime flavor. Your guests will devour them!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, 1/4 cup lime juice, garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a greased rack in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the jam, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining lime juice and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Brush over wings.
- Bake 40 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning every 10 minutes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bowl of Bones in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2008, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bowl of Bones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review