- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, add sausage mixture to pasta.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and enough reserved pasta water to moisten. If desired, serve with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bow Ties with Sausage & Asparagus
"Delicious recipe! I cut it in half for the two of us, and used cooked chicken sausage links (which I sliced) and mozzarella cheese instead of Parmesan. My husband is thrilled that we have leftovers."