Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe
"I make this meatless dish often for my husband and me," writes Karen Vienot of Rothesay, New Brunswick. Try it as a change of pace from traditional sauces.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + standing YIELD:2 servings
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to the pan; stir in tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until slightly heated. Toss and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 360 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC