Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to the pan; stir in tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until slightly heated. Toss and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 360 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce
"This tasted great! Loved the fact that I could use tomatoes and herbs from the garden and didn't even have to cook the sauce. Will definitely be making this again."
"I quadrupled the recipe to feed my family, and it was delicious. My son invited a friend to dinner (a notorious picky eater), and he asked for leftovers to take home. This recipe is a keeper."
"I give this one 10 out of 10! I have made this twice and my family loved it - even my son who thinks he doesn't like tomatoes unless they're pureed. I plan on trying it with whole wheat boxties next time just to make it completely healthy.MLH"