- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to the pan; stir in tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until slightly heated. Toss and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Sort By :
"I quadrupled the recipe to feed my family, and it was delicious. My son invited a friend to dinner (a notorious picky eater), and he asked for leftovers to take home. This recipe is a keeper."
"I give this one 10 out of 10! I have made this twice and my family loved it - even my son who thinks he doesn't like tomatoes unless they're pureed. I plan on trying it with whole wheat boxties next time just to make it completely healthy.MLH"