"I make this meatless dish often for my husband and me," writes Karen Vienot of Rothesay, New Brunswick. Try it as a change of pace from traditional sauces.
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to the pan; stir in tomato mixture. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until slightly heated. Toss and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 25
Reviews for Bow Ties with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review