Bow Ties with Chicken & Shrimp Recipe
- 5-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, thyme and oregano or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 10 large pitted ripe olives, sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in butter and oil until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the canned tomatoes, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, plum tomatoes and olives; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup pasta with 1 cup sauce equals 399 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.