Bow Ties with Asparagus and Prosciutto
For a main course, Jodi Trigg of Toledo, Illinois likes to serve a meal that lets the flavors of prosciutto and asparagus shine. With only five ingredients and a couple of tablespoons of water, Bow Ties with Asparagus and Prosciutto is as easy as it is elegant. “Add a dash of nutmeg for a change of pace,” suggests Jodi.More Pasta Dinners »
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 6-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave
- on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add the cream,
- asparagus, Parmesan cheese and prosciutto; toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 573 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.