Bow Ties with Asparagus and Prosciutto Recipe
More Pasta Dinners »
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into strips
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover; microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 3. Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add the cream, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and prosciutto; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 573 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.