Bow Tie Turkey Bake
This convenient casserole can be assembled the night before and refrigerated to cook the next day. It's so easy to make.—Betty Aiken, Bradenton, Florida
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Drain the noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe
- dish. Layer with half of the noodles, a third of the remaining sauce
- and half of the cottage cheese, sausage and grated Parmesan. Top
- with spinach
- Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with shredded
- Parmesan. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.