This convenient casserole can be assembled the night before and refrigerated to cook the next day. It's so easy to make.—Betty Aiken, Bradenton, Florida
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain the noodles.
- Spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Layer with half of the noodles, a third of the remaining sauce and half of the cottage cheese, sausage and grated Parmesan. Top with spinach
- Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Bow Tie Turkey Bake in Country Woman May/June 2001, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bow Tie Turkey Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2011
"Where is the turkey?"