Bow Tie Lemon Chicken Recipe
"The zesty flavor of lemon brightens every bite of this creamy chicken and pasta dish," advises Rebecca Snapp of Cynthiana, Kentucky. "With two small sons and a farmer husband who has a second full-time job, it's a good thing I have a collection of speedy recipes."
- 4-2/3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cubed reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Remove and keep warm. Add broth, peas, carrots, cream cheese and lemon juice to the skillet; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain pasta. Add pasta, chicken and salt to vegetable mixture; cook until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC