Just-picked veggies, pleasing bow tie pasta and flavorful seasonings mix together to make a delicious dish. To top it off, Miriam Hershberger of Holmesville, Ohio says it's easy and fun to fix. "Our daughter likes to make the pasta on a regular basis," remarks Miriam.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 4 cups cooked multicolor cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 cups cooked bow tie pasta
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; process on high until smooth. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables in 1/2 cup salad dressing mixture for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pasta. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Bow Tie Garden Pasta in Country Woman May/June 1997, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bow Tie Garden Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review