Bow Tie Chicken Supper Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Add the peas and seasonings; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 256 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Bow Tie Chicken Supper
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer