- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry red pepper, zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the peas and seasonings; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pasta and tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bow Tie Chicken Supper
"Felt the peas didn?t mesh well with the other flavors, so I now substitute sliced fresh mushrooms. One little tweak has put this in the regular dinner rotation."
"This is a very good recipe for being low sodium. We will definitely make this one again, Thanks Nancy.."