Pasta and cheese cubes make this creamy coleslaw stand out from any others. It can conveniently be made in advance, allowing you to focus on the rest of the meal. —Joan Zimmerman, Earlville, Illinois
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cabbage, onions, green pepper, cheese. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bow Tie Cabbage Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p128
Reviews for Bow Tie Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review