Bow Tie Beef Soup Recipe
“Usually I turn the page when I see a long list of ingredients, but this one didn’t seem so bad,” writes Lee Anne McBride of Austin, Texas. “After fixing it, I think it’s one of the best and easiest one-dish meals I’ve made.”
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. With a spoon, press pasta into broth mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Add the beef mixture, tomatoes and basil to the broth mixture; heat through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC