- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. With a spoon, press pasta into broth mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the beef mixture, tomatoes and basil to the broth mixture; heat through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Bow Tie Beef Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p29
Reviews for Bow Tie Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review