Bow Tie Beef Skillet
When I have a busy day, this is the dish I choose to make for dinner. It comes together so quickly and are always delicious.—Tammy Perrault, Lancaster, Ohio
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in the pasta, tomatoes,
- broth, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add squash and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or
- until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add
- 1/2 cup cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,