- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in the pasta, tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add squash and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bow Tie Beef Skillet
Sort By :
I make this often and the family enjoys it. I do feel it's missing a little something. Maybe I'll try the hot sausage as one reader suggested.
This is okay if you are in a hurry, but neither my husband nor I liked the taste I did use fresh tomatoes instead of canned and added a half cup of onion.
Made this in the Fall when we had lots of summer squash. So easy & my whole family loved it. I used the brick Parmesan cheese that I shredded myself. It tastes so much fresher. A 5 star review from me.
Wonderful recipe. I used 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini and ramano cheese instead. My family all loved it and it was quick, easy and delicious!
Loved it! Didn't use the cheese (not a fan) other than that followed exactly!!