- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet, cook th beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a greased 3-qt. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, half of the meat mixture, all of the tomato soup and 1 cup of cheese. Top with the remaining pasta and meat mixture. Spread with mushroom soup. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bow Tie Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p249
Reviews for Bow Tie Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2010
"This wasn't bad, but turned out dry. I must note, however, that I used elbow macaroni instead of bow tie pasta because it was what I had on-hand. I don't know if that affected the outcome, but I wouldn't do it that way again."