- 2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add beans, vegetables, cheese, olives and basil to pasta. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bow Tie & Spinach Salad
"Delicious. I added shrimp to mine and it was a complete meal."
"Great for a large crowd. Next time, I would leave the olives out. Otherwise, it was a great salad."