Bourbon Steak Portobellos Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bourbon and brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms in a shallow dish; brush both sides with remaining marinade; cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the peppers, onion, oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cover and keep warm.
- 4. Sprinkle steak with remaining salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium and 170° for well-done.
- 5. Meanwhile, grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning once. Spoon pepper mixture into mushrooms. Cut steak into slices; arrange over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.