- Sprinkle steak with remaining salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered,
- over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145° for medium-rare, 160° for medium and
- 170° for well-done.
- Meanwhile, grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes
- or until tender, turning once. Spoon pepper mixture into mushrooms.
- Cut steak into slices; arrange over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Grill, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.