Bourbon Slush Recipe
At our holiday parties, Bourbon Slush is definitely a favorite. Have fun experimenting with different teas when you make it. We like black tea, green tea and orange spice. —Darcene Sigler, Louisville, OH
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups strong brewed tea, cooled
- 2 cups bourbon
- 3 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates, tea and bourbon. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze 12 hours or overnight.
- 3. To serve, place about 1/2 cup bourbon mixture in each glass; top with 1/2 cup soda. Yield: 24 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Bourbon Slush
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2014
"I was looking for something different for new years eve and stumbled on this. Glad I did. Slush was pleasantly refreshing. I split recipe before adding bourbon so i could have non alcoholic version for kids. It worked out great."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC