- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel and salt. Cut
- in butter until crumbly. Add egg. Gradually add cream, tossing with
- a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30
- minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 13-in. circle.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted
- tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Pour into crust.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and
- cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts and ginger.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 464 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.