Bourbon Pecan Pralines Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1. Grease two baking sheets; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the sugars, then cream; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), about 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecan halves, chopped pecans and bourbon. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until pralines are set and no longer glossy. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
1 each: 188 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Bourbon Pecan Pralines
"I made these for our Mardi Gras potluck at work and was told by more than a few people that I needed to start a candy making business with these as my signature offering!! Also, one friend said they were better than she had bought from candy stores in S. Carolina (I live in CA). This was only the 2nd or 3rd time I have ever used a candy thermometer so I felt successful!"
"Boy Oh Boy these are good!!"
"Make sure you take it to a solid "soft ball" stage, especially if you are @ sea level!Really simple & yummy."
"cant eat enough of them, they are grrrrreat!and so easy to make"
"These pralines are just what I remember from my childhood. They were wonderful. FB Iowa"