Bourbon Pecan Pralines Recipe
Like authentic pralines found in New Orleans, these treats are sweet, crunchy and rich! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing YIELD:16 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1. Grease two baking sheets; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the sugars, then cream; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), about 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the pecan halves, chopped pecans and bourbon. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until pralines are set and no longer glossy. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC