Like authentic pralines found in New Orleans, these treats are sweet, crunchy and rich! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Grease two baking sheets; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the sugars, then cream; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage), about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the pecan halves, chopped pecans and bourbon. Immediately drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Let stand until pralines are set and no longer glossy. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
Originally published as Bourbon Pecan Pralines in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p190
Reviews for Bourbon Pecan Pralines
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review