Smoky and sweet flavors come through in every bite of this Kentucky-style ham. Since I found this recipe, it’s the only ham I make. —Sue Schiller, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Brush with 2
- tablespoons bourbon. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, marmalade,
- coriander and remaining bourbon; spoon over ham. Bake 30 minutes
- longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 15
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked ham equals 425 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,546 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now