Bourbon-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Brush with 2 tablespoons bourbon. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, marmalade, coriander and remaining bourbon; spoon over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
6 ounces cooked ham equals 425 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,546 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer