- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Brush with 2 tablespoons bourbon. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, marmalade, coriander and remaining bourbon; spoon over ham. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Bourbon-Glazed Ham
"Great flavor for a Christmas ham. My husband loved it! This will be our go to ham recipe from now on. Note: I followed America's Test Kitchen method of cooking ham by sealing it with foil after the first basting. Letting it stand at room temp. for 1.5 hours, cooking at 300 degrees until ham reached 100 degrees. I then rolled back the foil, basted with the mixture (step 2) above and cooked for 30 minutes at 450 with foil rolled back. After I removed it from the oven, I basted it again with the rest of the mixture, and let it rest for 30-40 minutes (basting a few more times from the pan) while side dishes cooked."
"My family loved this for Easter!"
"Not only will I make this again, I will never make ham any other way! Had guests for New Years day and all agreed that this is truly the best ham ever."