- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons bourbon, optional
- 4 thick-sliced bacon strips
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon syrup and salt. If desired, stir in bourbon. Coat bacon with brown sugar mixture. Place on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon syrup, 1 tablespoon mustard and both types of pepper; stir until smooth. Chop bacon finely; fold half into egg yolk mixture. Spoon or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chives. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Bourbon Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs
"I made 3 dozen of these for a surprise 50th birthday party for a co-worker. Because of various minor household emergencies I couldn't get started on them until a few hours later than I'd initially intended, so I added a few thinly sliced green onions to the filling, sprinkled the filled eggs with some smoked paprika, and called it a day. They were still very delicious, and when I gave my daughter a slice of the bacon to munch on, her eyes got wide and she said, "OMG, Mom, you have to make this again!"And the co-workers hoovered them up. Did use bourbon. I don't drink it so I had to shell out $2 for an airplane-size bottle of Jim Beam, but it was well worth it."
"Very tasty! I didn't use the bourbon; and substituted Morning Star Soy Bacon for the bacon. Thank you, Colleen, for sharing this recipe."