Bourbon Brat Skewers Recipe
When the executive decision was made to marinate veggies in a tasty bourbon sauce and serve with grilled bratwurst, this recipe made our VIP tailgate party list. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and reserve marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the vegetables and bratwurst.
- 3. Spoon some reserved marinade over vegetables and bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 6 skewers.
1 skewer equals 346 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,998 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Bourbon Brat Skewers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC