Bourbon Brat Skewers
When the executive decision was made to marinate veggies in a tasty bourbon sauce and serve with grilled bratwurst, this recipe made our VIP tailgate party list. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add the vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread the vegetables and bratwurst. Brush with reserved
- marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or
- until bratwurst is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning
- and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 skewers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 346 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,998 mg sodium,