Bourbon Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until smooth.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bourbon Baked Ham
Sort By :
This glaze will be a staple in our home.
This is a wonderful recipe! I've already used it 1 Easters in a row and the recipients absolutely loved it.This bourbon sauce is great for ther meats as well. Absolutely delicous~~
It was really good but it wasn't very pretty with the dark glaze. Everyone said they liked it though.
The one thing I've done to make it better is used a turkey baster w/syringe tip to "inject" glaze between the spiral slices during the 2-3 bastings I do.
This was really good but too much work for a glaze. I used dark rum since I had no bourbon on hand and it worked great.