Because of its simple ingredient list, easy preparation and unbeatable flavor, this baked ham is one you'll come to rely on often. The honey-bourbon glaze not only looks lovely, but also helps to seal in the meat's juices. —Jean Adams, Waycross, Georgia
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until smooth.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Bourbon Baked Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p166
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Bourbon Baked Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review